Below are instructions to find/copy your file URLs to be used to create new or update existing buttons on your web pages.
Find a File's URL
2. Copy the File URL for the document in the Media Gallery.
3. Find the page where the button to will be or is located, and click Edit.
Add a New Button
You have three color options for buttons: black (default), orange, and white.
1. in edit mode, hover over the shortcode icon. Click "Button"
2. Make your selections in the "Insert Button Shortcode" options and click OK:
Label: The text to display in the button. We suggest up to 5 words.
Examples: Download the Student Handbook OR Register OR Become a Member
URL: This is where you will place the URL for the website, webpage or file. It must have http:// or https://.
Choose a Style: There are two styles of buttons, Filled (default) and Ghost. We suggest you select Filled for content pages.
Choose a Theme: You may select the color of the button of your choosing. The options are Black (default), Orange, or White.
Action Method: Always leave as Link URL (default).
Open Link in new tab: Check the box for links leaving your website or PDF documents.
3. The shortcode will be added to your page content.
4. When you preview or update and view the live page, you will see the new button.
Update an Existing Button
1. Follow these steps to swap out the old file URL link in the button code.
- STEP 1 (Remove the old URL): [button label="Download the Academic Calendar" url="http://www.campbell.edu/old.pdf" style="" theme="" action="" new_tab="true" ]
- STEP 2 (The URL space should be empty): [button label="Download the Academic Calendar" url="" style="" theme="" action="" new_tab="true" ]
- STEP 3 (Paste the new file URL): [button label="Download the Academic Calendar" url="http://www.campbell.edu/new.pdf" style="" theme="" action="" new_tab="true" ]
2. Click Update to save the page.