Most web visitors immediately see your web content updates. However, if you visit campbell.edu pages often (daily), you may not immediately see the web updates or your WordPress admin bar due to page caching. Below are steps you can take to be sure you can see the updates.
Step 1: Refresh/reload your browser
you see old content after edits have
been made, we suggest that you reload/refresh
your browser to make the new content appears.
This often fixes the
If refreshing your browser does not make your content updates or admin bar appear, continue to Step 2.
Step 2: How to clear your browser
Google Chrome browser
1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. At the top of the "Clear browsing data" window, click Basic.
3. Only check the following box(es):
- Cached images and files
4. Click the Clear data button.
5. Reload/refresh your browser tab to see the updates.
Microsoft Edge browser
1. In the top right, click the Hub icon (three dots in a horizontal line).
2. Click Settings at the bottom of the menu.
3. Under Clear browsing data, click "Choose what to clear"
4. Check "Cached data and files" only.
5. After the "All Clear!" message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Mozilla Firefox browser
1. Click the Menu icon in the top right (3 horizontal lines).
2. Click Privacy & Security tab
3. Click Clear History... button under History section.
4. Be sure only the following is selected:
- Time range to clear: Everything
- History: Cache
5. Click the Clear Now button.
6. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.